St George’s C of E Infant and Preschool

Inspire, Believe, Achieve-Let your light shine.

Equality & Diversity


St George's CE Infant and Preschool Equality Information and Objectives Statement 2023-2024


Public Sector Equality Duty


The Equality Act 2010 requires us to publish information that demonstrates we have due regard for the need to:


Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 2010.


Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.


Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.


The Staff and Governors at St George's CE Infant and Preschool have an unwavering commitment to the success of every pupil.  St George's school vision 'Inspire, Believe, Achieve-With God all things are possible' drives every decision, enabling all children to flourish during their time at school. 


Equality Objectives

At St George's CE Infant and Preschool, we understand we have a duty to ensure our children grow up living our school values of Community, Compassion, Commitment, Courage and Love, demonstrating an acceptance for all, regardless of difference.  St George's currently has 174 children on roll (September 2023) 60% of these children are White British, the other 40% are from different ethnic groups including 14% identifying as Indian and 8% identifying as any other White British. 17% of our children on roll are entitled to Pupil Premium funding. We celebrate difference, acknowledging the importance of educating our children so they are informed individuals, capable of making wise choices.  Therefore our targets are:


  1. To monitor and analyse the attainment levels of all pupils to ensure that these are maintained at expected levels regardless of ethnicity, religion, disability or gender.
  2. To give our pupils an understanding of the diversity within societies and how others' lives can enrich our own, with an awareness of the nature of prejudice towards diversity and how it can be combated.
  3. To educate our pupils as global citizens with the strength and confidence to challenge unfairness and injustice wherever it is found.